Sunday, August 24, 2008

More things to love

my view as I walk home over the south st. bridge

Wow where has the day gone? I was going to go for a run early this morning and head into work by noon, but one thing led to another, led to another... here it is much later than expected. Oh well!

Another one of my favorite things about Philadelphia is the path along the Schuylkill River--great for walking, running, biking... just about anything! I took a few pictures yesterday on my long bike ride that I thought I'd share.

From the bridge by the art museum


Center City from West River Drive

There's a path that starts further down the river, but near the Art Museum there's a 8.25mi loop that's especially nice in the summer, as West River Dr. is closed off to car traffic. I recruited a friend for what turned into a 32mi ride, we made it all the way to Conshohocken! It even included a killer hill I can't believe I ever did w/o clipless pedals (why do they call them clipless pedals when you "clip" in???). A little scary at times with the traffic in Manayunk--i'm still getting used to the pedals--but it was a fantastic day!

2 comments:

Melissa and Eric said...

Those pictures are beautiful. It makes me want to take a trip there.

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I love Philly! I actually lived for a while not to far from those boat houses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips