Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Tuesday III

Sometimes I look forward to the obligatory turkey sandwich after thanksgiving more so than the big meal ;)  In anticipation of some leftovers from the upcoming holiday, I tried out a few recipes that would put that turkey to good use!  Feel free to check out the Curried Turkey Salad and Crustless Turkey & Spinach Quiche featured the past couple weeks.


For the last tuesday before Thanksgiving, I thought I would share some other recipes that I've had a chance to try out...

The first is a Spicy Turkey Soup w/Yogurt, Chickpeas and Mint.  I loved the technique used to create this creamy soup (hint:  it doesn't involve cream!!).  Don't leave out the smoked paprika butter and mint, they pack the flavor for this soup!



The second recipe is for a Sweet Potato Hash with Turkey and Poached Eggs.  I added a chopped red pepper and definitely wouldn't leave it out next time.  I might also increase the thyme, or  instead add some cumin and chipotle/adobo sauce for a richer flavor.



What are you looking forward to most this Thanksgiving??   I'm excited for my parents to join me down in Boston for the holiday!!

16 comments:

Elina (Russian Bites) said...

Ooh, I'm first to comment. Awesomeness.
Both of those pictures are so pretty. The soup sounds so hearty. I'm definitely much more into turkey dishes than just plain old turkey we get at the big dinner.
See you tonight! :D

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

That sweet potato hash with a poached egg looks awesome! I'm mostly looking forward to spending time with my family over a good meal!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) said...

What a great flavour combination!

Unknown said...

oh my husband is going to love the sweet potato mash and egg. I will definitely have to serve that up this weekened!
Have fun with your family!

Joanne said...

Personally, I'm excited about pie. So much pie. And also that soup that you made. Those flavors are my kind of deal.

Reeni said...

Your sweet potato has looks positively delicious! I am looking forward to Mom's stuffing!

Lauren said...

I'm with you on the awesomeness that is the leftover "gobbler" sandwich!

I'm most looking forward to meeting my little niece for the first time down in Austin :). Oh, and the fact that on Thanksgiving, nobody bats an eye if I have 3 desserts after a big turkey dinner ;).

Rosiecat24 said...

That second photo is adorable! The light, the colors--lovely, my dear.

Happy Thanksgiving, and happy turkey leftovers afterward :-)

Beth said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your parents. I love all these turkey recipes!

Biz said...

My Thanksgiving was simple and so enjoyable. :D

Hope you had a great day with your parents!

sophia said...

Oooh the second dish speaks to me most! Yay runny eggs!

I'm not going back for THanksgiving, but I really enjoyed my break from school (though finals is around the corner).

Jess said...

I have a feeling that your parents ate well while they visited you.

Erica said...

I have been making a similar hash (minus the turkey) for dinner on the regular lately- it is SO good! Nothing like a quick to throw together, but protein packed and tasty meal. Hope you're having a good week so far

Kerstin said...

Oh man, I wish I would have seen that soup before I made the one I did - looks scrumptious!

Val said...

That hash looks amazingggggg.

Caratunk Girl said...

YUM. I love coming here, it is always so scrumptious!! I want the soup please.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips