Thursday, May 7, 2009

Good Eats & Sweet Treats

Sheesh, where do the weeks go? With my mind on other recipes, I took the opportunity to make some of your recipes! They came out so well that I had to share :)

I think the star of them were Veggie Girl's Blondies! Holy moly, if you have not tried her recipe, RUN to the kitchen!! These were phenomenal. I followed her recipe, using macadamia nuts, white choc chips, coconut, and lime zest for the add-ins. I didn't have the correct size pan so I used a smaller one, which only added to the gooey deliciousness. I had to share these with some of my friends otherwise they would've been devoured all too quickly!

I got reviews from them too, just to make sure I wasn't biased (thanks guys!).
"Wow --- the blondies were delicious. Melt in your mouth goodness."
"By the way, your blondies were the highlight of my day... :-) Perfectly moist, soft and sweet."

Tropical Blondies


Next up was Kelly's Spinach, Tempeh & Mushroom Stroganoff. I changed the proportions based on the ingredients I had, but it was very good. My picture does not do it justice, you should go check out her blog! At least I used the last of my broken fettucine noodles!


With the last of my brie, I made Cauliflower Risotto w/Brie & Almonds. This creamy brie was certainly perfect for risotto! Delicious :)

Cauliflower Risotto w/Brie & Almonds

27 comments:

Krista said...

Your recipes look like they all turned out GREAT!!!

Emily said...

Love VeggieGirl's blondies. I've made them at least 3 times now, and they are always a hit! :-)

Erica said...

All of these look delicious! Veggiegirl's baked goods always look incredible to me. I have to try making her blondies!!

Elra said...

Everybody I know seem asking the same question, where do the weeks go?
Ah, never mid, let just enjoy this delicious looking blondies, shall we?

Omg, is that tmpeh? wow, this is a staple food in Indonesia. Love it!

Meg said...

They all look so good. Now which one should I try first?

burpandslurp said...

how cool of you to try out other bloggers' recipes! I have a whole load of recipes lined up to try, too!
the cauliflower risotto calls out my name the most because of that brie in it! YUM!

5 Star Foodie said...

All of these look excellent! Big yum for the blondies especially!

Lauren said...

Ok, definitely drooling. I am making these blondies with your add-ins sometime soon!

And brie cheese in risotto?! Hell yeah!

Amy said...

mmm yum yum, blondies!

Dawn said...

I have her blondies on my to-make list, still. I need to move them up the list.
You're making me so hungry right now...

Jess said...

Nice cooking! I need a good blondie recipe.

Bridget said...

I want a blondie!!!! Please!? Also that risotto sounds amazing with brie!

Reeni♥ said...

Holy Yum! Those blondies look awesome! So does the pasta and the creamy Risotto with brie-yummy!

Sharon said...

Oh wow, everything looks great - especially those blondies!

Pam said...

Everything looks tasty but the tropical blondies are calling out to me.

MizFit said...

oooh I havent tried the blondies yet (love veggie girl).

Im in.

Elina said...

Yeah, I want all 3 of these, especially after you talked them up last night :)

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

I love your Tropical version of VeggieGirl's blondies. I'm going to have to try that soon! CD loves VG's blondies. He goes through every batch I make in about 24 hours...OK, so I help a little. :)

Kelly said...

Thanks for the shout out. I was suprised to see myself in your post but thrilled that you liked the dish. VeggieGirl's blondies definitely seem to be making the rounds. I love your additions. They seem very tropical and summery.

pigpigscorner said...

I really should try those blondies!

Anna said...

VG blondies are so freakin' good! I cannot control myself around them, haha.

Esi said...

Wow, everything looks delicious.

biz319 said...

OMG, I am defintely going to try that cauliflower/brie risotta - good job!

Joanne said...

I have been toying with the idea of making risotto recently (for the first time!) and this cauliflower/brie version looks perfect! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Everything looks great.

Ricki said...

They all sound so good! I love blondies. . . moist and rich is the way to go. :) And cauliflower risotto sounds great to me.

Katrina said...

I just discovered your website, and WOW! I love it! I can't wait to try all of these fun recipes!

Fitnessista said...

you are such an amazing cheffer
vg's blondies are amazing! i think i'm going to make some this weekend
hope you have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips