Friday, June 11, 2010

While I'm Away...

I meant to have another recipe to post for you while I was away...  but there were some epic fails in my kitchen before I left.  It was so bad I threw out food.  And I hate to waste food.   On a happier note, I figured I'd show you some of the newest things in my life.


A bit cryptic, but can you tell it's a Vitamix?   It was fate that had me at Costco the day that they were doing a demonstration...  and were selling it at a significant savings from their online price.   I told the sales rep that he had an awesome job.  Having a wife and kids, he disagreed.  Instead of offering to switch places, I broke down and bought my own.   I think I have used it every day since I got it, sometimes twice a day.   I absolutely love it :)  With the warmer weather we've had, all I've been craving is smoothies!!  I'm loving the addition of cucumber to green smoothies, makes it just a bit more refreshing.   Mango, pineapple and a little bit of honey and crystallized ginger was another standout. 

Do you have a favorite smoothie combination?


Another tough one to guess if you haven't heard me gush about it ;)  New dressers!!   My dad is making me a bedroom set for me and recently delivered the dressers.   Just adding to the many ways that he is amazing, I am thrilled to have  pieces of furniture he made for me.   And to think, this is just his hobby!   Love all the space!!


Don't forget to enter my egg-cellent giveaway!   I'll be back soon (I hope) with a recap of my trip!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. G, those dressers are GORGEOUS!!! Nice work.

Elina said...

Wow, I'm impressed with those dressers. And I have to try adding cucs to my smoothies. I bet it's good!
Hope you had a blast in Italy (I'm guessing you're reading this after you're back :) )

Esi said...

Have a great tri!. Woot woot on the Vitamix

Joanne said...

I hope you're having tons of fun!

That bedroom set is awesome. Your dad is superman!

Unknown said...

So impressed by your dad! As for smoothies, I don't have much experience (since my blender broke and I haven't gotten a new one yet!) but I really like the pineapple mint one they make at Muqueca

Faith @ lovelyascharged said...

Nice! I've been downing smoothies like crazy lately - I LOVE a banana/plum/pineapple juice combo (with spinach, of course...)

We Are Not Martha said...

I'm so jealous you got a Vitamix; that's awesome!!

And your dad is SO talented!! That's such beautiful furniture :)

Sues

jaime said...

hi! I found your blog when I was doing a search on Newton running shoes and your blog posts about your Newton experiment popped up! so interesting! how are they working for you? I'm recovering from my 2nd bunion/osteotomy surgery so haven't been running, but am thinking about biting the bullet and spending the money and buying them!

Kerstin said...

So I made the smoothies with spinach for A and he loved them! But our blender isn't nearly as good as your beautiful vitamix so there were little pieces of green in it - lol. The vitamix is going on my wishlist :)

sophia said...

Oh wow! That is a wide array of dressers. I don't think my stuff will fill up even half of the spaces it provides!

Rosiecat24 said...

Ooh, congratulations on the Vita-mix! Very cool, Shannon. Your mango smoothie with crystallized ginger sounds AMAZING! Do you blend the ginger into the smoothie or do you use it as a topping?

I'm still so loyal to this smoothie recipe. It's like chocolate banana ice cream in its healthiest, most well-behaved form ;-)

vanillasugarblog said...

wahhh i want a vitamix so badly! i live for smoothies. and with this horrid humidity that's pretty much all i can tolerate (well that and ice cream)
fav smoothie? love my pb, almond butter, almond milk, yogurt, banana, scoop of protein. YUM

xoMeghan said...

Those dressers are AMAZING!!!!!

Delicious Dishings said...

I'm so jealous of your Vitamix. That's now on my list. I feel like every cookbook I've read lately has advised getting one in the equipment section.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips