Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Make-ahead Hash

Maybe I pushed too much for too long.  I got sick.  The kind of sick that had me doing nothing on the couch instead of doing little things around the house.  Instead of blogging I got hooked on Breaking Bad.  Oops.  Finally feeling a bit better, I wanted to share a way to get dinner on the table in 10min, with a little prep work ahead of time. #win.


Make-ahead Sweet Potato Kale Hash
Inspired by Emily and Ranjani

1 small onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, diced
2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes
1/4t smoked paprika
1t ground coriander
2-4T extra virgin olive oil
coarse sea salt
4-6c packed kale, de-ribbed and torn into pieces (~1 head)

Preheat oven to 400deg.

Add chopped onion, jalapeno and sweet potatoes to a large bowl along with spices.  Add a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of coarse salt.  Toss and roast 15-20min, until the sweet potatoes are almost tender.

While the first batch of veggies are roasting, wash and de-rib the kale.  Tear into pieces and add to the bowl (same one from the sweet potatoes, no need to wash).  Add a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkling of coarse slat and a few grinds of pepper.

When the sweet potatoes are almost done, add the kale and return to the oven for 10min.

Remove from the oven and let cool before transferring to microwave-safe containers.

When it's time for dinner, start cooking your eggs.  You can poach or pan-fry your egg, whichever you prefer.  I prepared mine sunny side up in a nonstick pan.  Once you get your egg(s) cooking, warm up a portion of the hash in the microwave.  To serve, top your hash with the egg(s)!





What's been your go-to quick meal recently??

13 comments:

Erica said...

Mm-runny egg on top of veggies? Im in. I usually go to stir fry or brinner in a pinch

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

Fried eggs and scrambled egg whites have been my go-to dish when I've been working late and have felt too lazy to cook!

Elizabeth said...

Yesss, this looks amazing. I love eggs and veggies.

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living said...

Oh no... sorry to hear you're feeling sick. Breaking Bad + this delicious hash sounds like a great way to recover!

Lately I've been loving whole wheat toast spread with mashed avocado and topped with a fried egg for a quick meal.

Kristen said...

hope you are feeling better! this easy meal looks like the perfect pick me up

Ranjani said...

Love the addition of a jalapeno to this! Hope you feel better soon

Reeni said...

Gooey eggs on top of just about anything are awesome! But I do love your hash too. Hope you're feeling better!

Joanne said...

I feel like something is really going around lately...I was sick last week and it was AWFUL. All I wanted was something easy peasy delicious like this!

Emily @ A Cambridge Story said...

Looks great and what a great idea to do it ahead of time! I showed my husband this post and he demanded that we make this hash again!

Simply Life said...

I love meals that come together quickly! this looks great!

Sacha said...

This is my kind of quick dinner!

We Are Not Martha said...

I love quick dinners like this. Easy to make, but absolutely delicious and healthy, too! Eggs make everything perfect :) Hope you're feeling much better!!

Sues

Kerstin said...

Glad you're feeling better now! Breakfast for dinner always makes me so happy - looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips