Friday, February 13, 2009

Orange you glad?

Mara, over at What's for Dinner?, picked oranges for this week's BSI. When brainstorming what to make, I thought of the Mashed Sweet Potatoes w/Orange Essence that I made for Thanksgiving. I came up with a few ideas, but I gave into my lab's desire for treats and made some Chocolate Orange (Mini) Muffins first. Or muffcakes/cupffins, as we were discussing the question of which they really were :)

The Stars of the Show


I followed this recipe for the muffins, using the chocolate above and adding the zest of 1/2 a blood orange that I had. They were awesome, the flavors of the zest and the chocolate bar really complemented each other well. Totally reminded me of those Chocolate Oranges Caitlin has been talking about lately :) Next time I might try to sub some applesauce, as they were a tad dry (although this could've been due to slightly overbaking, but I was watching it pretty carefully...).



Some Contests-

Bobbi (N Her Shoes) is offering up some WIN, which I've reviewed before. But don't go enter, I need more!!

Head over to Marx Foods to enter to win some artisan ravioli!!



ps- The recipients of the biscotti (my parents and my secret valentine) gave them rave reviews, so this recipe's a keeper!

25 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

LOOOOVE your BSI entry!! So decadent and delish :-)

Happy Friday!!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

scrumptious muffins!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think they were dry at all. I think you're being over-critical. And 114 calories for 2? Awesome! I think I know what my mid-day snack is today :)

Fit Mommy said...

Those look yummy. Ya know, all my neighbors are selling navel and blood oranges in their front yard! Cool recipe.

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious!

Meg said...

Love these muffins! That Holiday spiced chocolate sounds amazing!

Anna said...

orange and chocolate is an awesome combo!

HEAB said...

I've never been a huge fan of the chocolate/orange combo...but those muffins actually sound really good. :)

Anonymous said...

Those muffins look just scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

You should definitely try the chocolate oranges - they are great. Your muffins look awesome :)

Erica said...

Very nice entry! I have to get back on the BSI train!

Pam said...

My husband loves chocolate and orange together. I may have to make these for him.

vanillasugarblog said...

Hmmm those look good, and not too fattening, but flavorful

Anonymous said...

I love chocolate with oranges. Great jog!

Reeni said...

Great flavor combo, yummy!!

Sara said...

These muffins look great, I really love orange and chocolate together.

Heather said...

it's supposed to say "orange you glad i'm not banana?" ;)

your muffins sound super tasty!

Maria said...

I love orange anything! What a great treat!

Michelle said...

I love orange and chocolate together and always have a fresh orange or 2 in my frig!

Dewi said...

Love this combo, it's my favorite.
Cheers,
Elra

Anonymous said...

Ooh I didn't know that was the new BSI, yum. Your entry sounds so good!

Anonymous said...

Yum, that sounds delicious. If they were dry I guess you could SMEAR them with Nutella. ;)

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Yum. I love orange and chocolate togerther.

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

woohoo free stuff!

Happy Valentines Day!

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

test it comm said...

Those orange chocolate muffins look good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips