Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ginger-y Cranberry Walnut Scones

I thought I was doing so well with cleaning out my freezer. Then I opened it the other night and found a bag of cranberries. Ooops. It's august--not fall yet. Moving in less than a week. What was I going to make with these?? Luckily, a quick search came up with a recipe for Ginger-y Cranberry Walnut Scones. Made a double batch to use most of the bag, then brought around to quite a few friends of mine :)


Nice crumbly texture and not too sweet. Each bite with a cranberry had a nice tart-ness :) I haven't eaten (or baked) many scones in my life (no real reason), so I'm not sure how they compare to others. The dough was quite crumbly when shaping, but they managed to hold together enough to transfer to the baking sheet! Susan confirmed my suspicion--I should've added a little more liquid. Next time!

6 comments:

Christine said...

Hahaha, I still have a bag of cranberries, too, though I'm saving it for Thanksgiving cooking!

Great job with the scones!

Erica said...

mmmm I love scones :) I keep asking when the all carb diet is coming out...cause I'm in ;) Are you moving into the city or a suburb? I use to live in Andover.

Melissa and Eric said...

Yummy! Those look wonderful! Scones are kind of complicated and it looks like you did a great job!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I just baked/posted about a treat with cranberries as well :0) Those scones look quite scrumptious!

Erin said...

I recently created some (soon to be posed) ginger and apricot scones. Scones are a constant obsession of mine. And cranberry are definitely a classic. Looks tasty!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I wish I could have that scone now! Lovely flavours you used!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips