Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Philly Eats

One of the things I will miss most about Philadelphia are the amazing restaurants that abound. In case you're ever looking for somewhere to eat in the city, here are some of my favorites...

My favorite meal (aka brunch): Sabrina's, Morning Glory, & Honey's

Bar Food: Good Dog, Ten Stone, Nodding Head, Monks, Bishop's Collar

Polish (think pierogies and kielbasa): Krakus Market

THE best guacamole, made table-side: Xochitl

Some others that I've enjoyed: Marigold Kitchen, Rx, Tiffin, Figs

Sweet Endings: Capogiro, Darling's cheesecake, Rita's

Still on my to-do list: Vetri, Osteria, Standard Tap, Amada, D'Jango, Rae, Zahav, Silk City Diner, Supper, Chloe

oh, cheesesteaks? I'd probably head to Jim's on 4th and South, but that's just me...

Man I'm getting hungry thinking of all the good meals I've had!! Luckily there will be many new things to explore in Boston :)

Edited to add: D'Jango was great, great fresh, local meal! Osteria *swoon* was fantastic, especially the chocolate "flan" (really a molten chocolate cake) with pistachio gelato...

4 comments:

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

There's only one solution to getting all that food back. Make it yourself! I say start with the guacamole, it's surprisingly simple and one of my favorite appetizers of all time and it's healthy to boot. Here's my recipe for homemade tortilla chips to serve with the guac, they are unbelievably easy and I promise they're best you've ever had. Get cookin'!

Unknown said...

So true!! I might need a Molcajete though-- it had such a light texture I don't think I've ever achieved before :)

Melissa and Eric said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I am interested to see how your transition goes. No doubt that it will be exciting. Keep us posted! Boston is a great city- full of wonderful food spots (aka. my kind of place).

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am moving to Philly in July and I am looking forward to trying some of these places... Sabrina's is my absolute favorite, their pancakes are to die for!! yum yum

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips