Monday, May 17, 2010

Cutting Board Review

I recently received the Totally Bamboo Congo Cutting Board to review from CSN stores.  I was quite excited, as I've been using the flexible cutting boards it was well-reviewed by Cooks Illustrated.  It arrived quickly and well packaged, no complaints there.  I loved the look of the cutting board, as well as the weight--enough heft to it without being cumbersome.


Besides its good looks, it also provided a very smooth surface for my chopping!  I really liked the feel of it and can't wait to use it more.  Clean up was quick and easy, too.  My only other thought was that I wish it had some sort of "feet" as it moved around a lot on my marble countertop.  Overall I am very pleased with the product and would recommend it, thank you CSN!!  If you haven't checked out any of their many stores, you should!  They've got tons of stuff for your home and kitchen, and I've had nothing but good, speedy service from them.


I hope everyone had a great weekend!  It was a gorgeous in Boston, and while I didn't get outside as much as I wanted to, I did manage to get out for my first brick (16ish mile bike followed by a 1.5mi run) of the season!  Did you know that this term for these back-to-back workouts actually came from the Pink Floyd song?  I always thought it was from the way your legs feel when you get off the bike and try to run.  Speaking of bricks, I've signed up for a couple of races this season!   I'm hoping to do one or two more, but haven't figured out which ones yet.   I'm especially excited, as I got a recruit :)  Haha, I'm hoping she'll enjoy it as much as I do, since it seems she already caught the racing bug!

Anyone else have any triathlons or other races this summer??

26 comments:

brandi said...

ooh, I love that cutting board! It looks so cool. I definitely need new ones. Ours are old and stained, but they still work :)

I'm thinking of doing a few races, but I need to really get back to running first!

Happy Monday girl!

Erica said...

The cutting board is BEAUTIFULLLLL. Great review- I want one ;) Sounds like a great workout and hooray for your upcoming races. Enjoy your day (and your new recruit ;))

Diana said...

Nice! This is a timely review, as I'm moving soon and will have to buy a lot for my new kitchen. I was definitely eyeballing a bamboo cutting board the other day! I think I'll go for it. :)

Dewi said...

Beautiful cutting board, and thanks for the great review Shannon.

Jess said...

Brick runs sound impossibly painful. I did not know that about the Pink Floyd song! Cool!

Elina said...

The cutting board is gorgeous! How was cleaning it?

Elina said...

Haha, just saw that Kristen is your new recruit. Cute.
Good job on the brick workout. Sounds tough!

Anonymous said...

I love bamboo too - and now you have reminded me that I need a new cutting board!

I acutally use a damp dish towel on my counter, and place my cutting board on that - no more moving around - especially since you have a marble counter!

No races for me this summer - hopefully I'll be in shape for some fall races!

Cara said...

Never heard of a brick workout before! That is one great looking cutting board, lucky you!

Anonymous said...

i need a new cutting board stat! i may do a 5 K this saturday-i am feeling kind of unmotivated right now.....

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

that's the prettiest cutting board ive seen in a long time! how great!

loved the homemade baked beans (from a dried heirloom variety)you told me about in the comment you left.

i have no idea how to properly cook and make homemade baked beans..i would love to learn!

Joanne said...

That cutting board looks quite spiffy! And yay for getting out and enjoying the weather!

Kerstin said...

Such a pretty cutting board - I want one :)

And I'm ready to sign up for another tri too!

Reeni said...

That's a neat looking cutting board! And what a long bike ride! My legs would be jelly by the end - if I even made it. I'm impressed that you can run after that.

Sagan said...

I require "feet" on my cutting boards- I'm a klutz enough on the best of days; if my board isn't stable, who KNOWS what could happen in the kitchen! (And I type this with bandage-covered finger from earlier today when I sliced it open with a knife... whoops). Bamboo boards seem to be one of the best kinds.

Sophie @ yumventures said...

Love the cutting board! I've heard so much about CSN, I'll have to check them out!

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

I so want that board!!!

We Are Not Martha said...

That cutting board looks awesome. I just said to my parents the other day "nothing make me happier than a really good cutting board." Of course, a really good knife doesn't hurt either :)

Sues

Esi said...

OOh, I've been wanting a board like this for a while.

Juliana said...

Wow, nice cutting board...love the review!

Natalie said...

ha never knew where the term brick came from!

I have a relay race coming up in a few weeks..9 of us run 200 miles (each of us runs 4 legs). it's crazy and tiring but a blast!!

good luck prepping for your races! after I finish the relay i start marathon training..yikes!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) said...

What a COOL looking board - LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

This cutting board looks wonderful! I need one like this!

healthy ashley said...

I've had my eye on that cutting board for a while :)

sophia said...

Nice! I just threw away my chopping board because I placed a hot object on top of it and it kind of...melted. lol. I will def look up on this product!

Rosiecat24 said...

I like CSN too! I bought a cone-shaped strainer from CSN as a gift for someone after looking at what felt like a dozen strainers. It was a total Goldilocks experience: this one is too small! That one is too expensive! But this one is just right--I'll take it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips