Friday, September 17, 2010

Ready, Set, Blog!

Well, I guess I was ready when I started a little over two years ago ;)  But I'm challenging myself to define my blog persona as I compete in Foodbuzz's Project Food Blog!  I hope you'll enjoy this journey with me...



As my tag line says, my first inclination is to say that my blog focuses on healthy recipes that I have tried, adapted, or even created as I get more confident in the kitchen.   But I always hesitate at that answer as I feel like this has become so much more than that!

I think it comes down to the fact that I love learning.

New ingredients (whether it be fruits, vegetables or ancient grains), new cuisines, even using familiar ingredients in unique ways.  It goes beyond food, now, to photography as I have to take a picture to do my creations justice!!   I have enjoyed every minute of this experience ever since I started cooking for myself and others.

That last part is also very important to me.  YOU!  I love cooking for everyone and anyone, and the smile I get when sharing with friends and family warms my heart.  It's what gets me excited and coming back for more :)

This blog has become my passion, as has triathlon, and I tri  to share that with you too ;)  Setting goals, meeting challenges, it's all part of the growing process.  For me, triathlon (or any way to be active) is a constant reminder that good food = good fuel.   Another great source of inspiration!

Nature's Pride Bread Ambassador @ 1st Annual Foodbuzz Festival

So sure, this started as a way to explore the healthy recipes that I found around the blog world, but it has morphed into something a little more intricate and complex.  It provides a place to play in the kitchen and share with you what I find, to grow and discover new .  It has allowed me to meet some amazing individuals I am lucky enough to call my friends, and some experiences I won't soon forget.  Join me as the next Food Blog Star as I fuel for my next adventures!!

14 comments:

Lauren said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you signed up to be part of Project Food Blog. You have definitely shown your culinary creativity through the blog, and I'm absolutely rooting for you :) GOOD LUCK my friend!!!

Joanne said...

It is so true that blogging is way more than just about the food, especially with such supportive friends like you in the picture! I'm so glad you're doing this! It's going to be such a fun adventure to embark on together!

Caratunk Girl said...

That is awesome!! Good luck, I can't wait to follow your journey!! Blogging is so much more about the support, insight, and information from bloggy friends.

Elina (Healthy and Sane) said...

Love this post. My host died last night so I finally posted my first challenge post this morning. I love that we're already being challenged to identifying our point of view. You know I'll be routing for you!!!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

I'm so glad that we're all participating in PFB. I feel like we're all on this journey together! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

It's going to be a fun contest! You definitely have my vote :)

brandi said...

love it, Shannon! :)

Kerstin said...

Yay Shannon!!! Blogging has definitely been more fun and rewarding than I thought it would be too! I am already excited to see what you come up with for the challenges :)

Delicious Dishings said...

Good luck, Shannon!

sophia said...

Yay Shannon! You took the words out of my mouth. I love food blogging for all the reasons you listed. And I love that you're one adventurous, butt-kicking foodie. Never a boring post with you!

Unknown said...

Best of luck! So glad I got to meet you at the Foodbuzz Festival. I love the fitness angle of this site - it's so inspiring. :)

Anna(londonfoodieny) said...

love your site- I'm a marathon runner....well trying to be. Second one is in 3 weeks in chicago. Just voted for you!

Alissa @ Not Just Apples said...

Good luck! I agree that a desire to learn is essential for creating tasty and interesting food ♥

Rosiecat24 said...

Yes, you really are dedicated to trying new things--new produce, new recipes, new techniques. I admire your adventurous spirit! Good luck--I'll tri to figure out how to vote :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips