Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just Ideas ;)

A few things before we get to the food...
  • Sorry for all the phantom posts that have you may have seen in google reader,  blogger's "schedule" function has not been cooperating lately.
  • Thanks to everyone who has voted in support of me in Project Food Blog, if you haven't yet (ends Thursday)--there's still time!  Click here to vote!
  • From the Athenos Feta giveaway, A please contact me so I can hook you up with your goodies :)  There is no profile linked, so I have no way to contact you.

I've been meaning to share some good eats with you, more or less ideas rather than strict recipes.  The first was Brittany's Kale w/Peanut Sauce.  Absolutely delicious, you should make it ;)   And if you have some leftover peanut sauce, I'll let you know that it also works as a pasta sauce.  I thinned it with a little starchy pasta water, tossed it with the cooked pasta (I had some Spicy Thai Linguine) and a ton of julienned veggies for an amazing dinner!  If you want to kick up the heat, serve some Siracha (the rooster sauce) on the side!

Spicy Thai Linguine w/Peanut Sauce


Another morph came when I was making Janetha's taco soup.  I always remember my need to utilize my crockpot more when I make delicious recipes like this!!  When thinking of an accompaniment for the soup, I was leaning towards cornbread when I remembered something I'd seen who knows where...  cornbread croutons!   I took some of my Summer Squash & Basil Cornbread since I had just made it and cut it into ~1/2" cubes.   Sprayed with a little nonstick cooking spray and spread out on a cookie sheet, these croutons will bake up in a preheated 350degree oven in no time.  

Cornbread Croutons w/Taco Soup

Are you a fan of croutons?  I don't actually like them in salads, but I loved the crunch in this soup :)  Definitely one I'll have to remember as I make more soups/stews as the temperature drops...

17 comments:

Lisa (bakebikeblog) said...

oh yummo! I love the look of that peanut dish :)

Joanne said...

I did notice those phantom posts and then was sad when they didn't turn out to be real!

Ah you know I love a good peanut sauce. This sounds fantastic! I only like croutons when they're dressed up. Like yours!

sophia said...

Not a fan of croutons in salads, either, but I love them in a salty soup.

Totally voted for you on PFB. You're one of the first blogs I looked for. :-)

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

I noticed the phantom posts but I always assume blogger is being wonky :-) Great photos!

Reeni said...

Love your peanut pasta! And I like croutons - especially homemade ones and in soup! Delicious.

We Are Not Martha said...

Oooh that spicy Thai linguine looks amazing! And I do love croutons, but mostly when they're homemade :)

Sues

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

cornbread croutons! clever girl!

Kerstin said...

I like croutons on everything, even straight out of the bag, lol. A cornbread version is such a great idea :)

Kelly said...

Yum. Those both look fantastic my dear.

Meghan@travelwinedine said...

These both look like great fall dishes. I was just thinking about dusting off the crock pot!

Rosiecat24 said...

Mmm, I love croutons! I tend to like them best in salad, where their crunch can complement soft greens or juicy tomatoes. Yum.

Ricki said...

I'm not normally a fan of croutons, but I think cornbread croutons would be delicious! Sorry to hear about those phantom posts, though (I never did get them). :)

Anonymous said...

The Linguine with peanut sauce and the soup with croutons look excellent!

Erica said...

nom nom for sure! I love me some peanut sauce. It is awesome on top of pasta or just steamed veggies. And cornbread croutons= brilliant. An amazing soup topper for sure. Hope you have a great weekend ms. Shannon

Dewi said...

Thai linguini sauce amazing, love kind of the spicy side, so I will take your suggestion by adding Sriracha sauce.

Elina (Healthy and Sane) said...

Cornbread croutons?!!! Sounds amazing!

Brittany said...

So glad you tried the kale with peanut sauce Shannon. Your spicy thai linguine looks amazing. I need to make some kale and peanut sauce just so I can try the sauce with noodles!! :)

I'm headed to Foodbuzz to vote for you in Round 2 right now!

Are you planning to attend the FB Festival again this year?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips