Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Boston Event

On the heels of Rose's Blog it Forward post, I heard about a Taste of Park Plaza. What first caught my eye was the opportunity to taste signature dishes from 8 restaurants. Then I noticed that the proceeds were going to benefit Greater Boston's Food Bank. When I clicked over to their website, I was impressed by their efforts to provide nutritious choices to those in need as well as nutrition education (knowledge is power, right?). As someone who strives to find healthy and tasty dishes, I appreciate this approach to feeding those who may have come across some tough times.

If you're in the Boston area and would like to attend this event and help support our local food bank, here are the details...

When: Tuesday, Aug 4th 6-9pm

Where: Park Plaza Hotel & Towers

Participating Restaurants: Todd English's Bonfire Steakhouse, McCormick & Schmick's, M.J. O'Connor's Irish Pub, The Melting Pot, Swan's Cafe, Finale Desserterie, Au Bon Pain and Ben & Jerry's

To purchase tickets: click here

Maybe I'll see you there!!

~~~
I owe you guys a few posts, but here are some hints at what's in store...

A race recap
(hopefully the case of the missing camera cord will be solved soon!!)


Sour cherries!!

16 comments:

Maris said...

Yum, sour cherries! I think you could craft a lovely pie out of those :)`

Emily said...

Holy cow! I've never seen fresh sour cherries before.

Erica said...

Sounds like a fabulous event (both for the food and the good cause!!). Can't wait to hear about the race!

healthy ashley said...

I wish I was in Boston right now :)

Can't wait for the race recap!

Rose said...

That's pretty cool!

♥peachkins♥ said...

first time I've heard of sour cherries..

Anonymous said...

I love events like that! Wish I lived in Boston! :D

Dewi said...

Oh, isn't too bad that I don't live close by? Have fun with the event!

Blake said...

Love the blog.. found it through healthy ashley.

Anna said...

I'm going with my sister- I'll keep an eye out for ya! Tina is going too.

Emily said...

Wish I lived in Boston so I could participate. :-( Hope the event goes well!

Can't wait to hear about your race and the sour cherries!

Miz said...

refresh
refresh
CANT WAIT FOR WHATS IN STORE.
refresh
refresh

Joanne said...

This sounds like a great event, I wish I were still in Boston to attend it! I can't wait to see your belated posts.

Gena (Choosing Raw) said...

Those sour cherries look great :)

Meg said...

Can't wait for the race re-cap!

Yum! Cherries!

Kerstin said...

Congrats on the tri!!! Can't wait to see what you're up to with the sour cherries :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips