Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ginger Magic

Ever since I first tasted TJ's ginger cats, I knew I wanted to use them in a spin on everyone's favorite Seven Layers.  I finally got around to it, and absolutely loved this variation!!



Ginger Magic Bars
Recipe by Shannon
Yield:  1 9"pan...  makes how ever many you want to cut ;)

4T butter, melted
3/4c TJ's ginger cat crumbs (or other ginger spice cookie)
3/4c dried cranberries
1/2c finely chopped crystallized ginger
3/4c white chocolate chips/chunks
1/2 can (fat free) sweetened condensed milk
1/2c unsweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350deg.

Pour melted butter into an 8 or 9" sq pan, then sprinkle on cookie crumbs and pat around until evenly distributed.  Top with dried cranberries, ginger and white chocolate.  Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over bars, then add coconut.

Bake for 18-25min, until edges starting to brown a bit and sweetened condensed milk is a little bubbly.





Do yourself a favor and make these soon :)

20 comments:

The Purple Carrot said...

Great idea ... they look delicious!

Maggs said...

Those look awesome. I LOVE magic cookie bars and will give these a try next week!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! I have been brainstorming a 7-layer recipe that's "heatlhy" with dark chocolate, coconut, nut butters, dried fruit, etc

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living said...

These bars sound fantastic! Those ginger cookies are so tasty, and I love that you paired them with dried cranberries, crystallized ginger, and coconut. Great flavor combination, and I bet the texture of these bars is perfect.

Elizabeth said...

The only thing I love more than a graham cracker crust is a ginger snap crust. Never seen magic bars with cranberry and white chocolate. Sounds great!

Shannon said...

I LOVE this idea! Seven layer bars are one of my long-time faves and ginger is a new love.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

Crystallized ginger is seriously the best!

Ricki said...

I LOVE 7-layer bars! A ginger variation sounds like such a great idea. They look very decadent!

Alyssa said...

These were amazing! The combination of flavors was fabulous. Shannon, you rock my world.

nazarina said...

Oh yeah!you had me at the crystallized ginger...it is pure magic! Load me up dear!

Erica said...

YUM. I love ginger. What a fun take on the original

We Are Not Martha said...

What an awesome idea!! I love EVERYTHING ginger and for sure those ginger cats :) These are so pretty and I'm sure delicious :)

Sues

Emily @ A Cambridge Story said...

I love ginger in all forms -- this is a great snack!

Joanne said...

Those ginger cats are totally obscenely beyond addictive. As these bars are I'm sure! Awesome idea.

Anonymous said...

These sound absolutely scrumptious with ginger cat crumbs and crystallized ginger!

Unknown said...

your ginger cookies would go well with my good gut brownies for all tummy troubles. haha.

Elina (Healthy and Sane) said...

These sound/look like trouble. ;)

Cara said...

Do I smell a spring edition of cookie swap? I so want to try these!

Kerstin said...

Oh, they're like grown up magic bars - yum :) I've tried TJ triple ginger cookies (addictive!) but never the cats, so I'll have to look for them!

Katie @ The Aspiring RD said...

I am definitely making these when I get back!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips