Monday, March 7, 2011

Win Some, Lose Some

It's been a bit of a crazy weekend over here.  Nice weather, a very short run (my first since October!!), a sweaty trainer ride, some time in the kitchen...  and to top it all off, learned that I would be coming into some peanut butter and eggs :)

Spicy PB Ice Cream w/Cinnamon Shortbread

A huge thank you to the Peanut Butter Boy, Bran Appetit, Healthy Living in the Real World and Baking and Boys for organizing the 10th PBE: Things are Heating Up!  And thanks to Kitchen Play and the AEB for hosting the Better Breakfast w/Eggs contest!

Potato Pancakes w/Spinach, Smoked Salmon & a Poached Egg

Too bad they can't all be winners ;)   I've had a bunch of photos sitting in a folder on my desktop, but can't quite get myself to post the recipes as they didn't really wow me.

There was the pumpkin black bean soup, where my adaptations just didn't turn out as delicious as the original...



There was the Butternut Parsnip Pasta Bake with a goat cheese sauce (a play on this recipe), only I was too late to realize that the goat cheese I had used was moldy...



And the Meyer Lemon Bars that I played around with (a merging of these two recipes), which were good but needed a bit more lemon punch for me...




Ah well, at least there are some pretty pictures!  You'll just have to come back for something else delicious...  and based on my dinner tonight, you won't have to wait long :)

19 comments:

Emily said...

Mmm everything looks great!

Anonymous said...

YUM i haven't had a lemon bar in so long....maybe I'll give that one a try!

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living said...

Congrats on the win!!! I'm not surprised - your culinary creativity is definitely award-worthy :).

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on winning! I still really want that PB ice cream. And those lemon bars certainly do look good, even if they lacked punch.

peachkins said...

everything looks fantastic!

The Purple Carrot said...

CONGRATS, Shannon!! Very happy for you, I can see why you won! :)

Bridget said...

The pictures do look great!! Don't you hate that? Spend time and money making waht should be delicious blog-worthy food only to have it be just so-so. No worries...I'll be waiting for the updated recipes ;)

brandi said...

Congrats on the wins, girl!

I can't wait to use my lemons this week :)

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

Congratulations!

I feel like lately life has been taking over my time/energy to blog!

Alyssa said...

Congratulations on your wins! So honored to be a tester:)

Kristen said...

how cool!! everything looks so good!

Kelly said...

It sounds like if it took a few duds to get to those wins they were well worth it. Congrats! Those were too lovely wins and for great recipes indeed.

Joanne said...

Congrats on the win girl! I was so excited when I saw that it was you!

Elina (Healthy and Sane) said...

I hate when I take extra good photos and then the food is just okay. Glad you still posted the eye candy ;)
See you tomorrow!!

Erica said...

I was SO happy to see your Spicy PB Ice Cream w/Cinnamon Shortbread won! That seriously looks like SUCH an amazing dish. Congrats ;)

We Are Not Martha said...

Don't you hate when you take super pretty photos but can't even end up using the post?? Still, I'm glad you shared these. And congrats on all your winnings recently!! :)

Sues

Sophia Lee said...

Congratulations, Shannon!!!

Honestly though, most readers don't really care...they (we) have avid imaginations and thus, it's the pictures that matters! :-)

Natalie said...

CONGRATS! Your ice cream definitely deserved the win!! :)

Kerstin said...

Congrats!! So exciting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips