Monday, November 24, 2008

POM Bark

I got a lot of comments about those Pumpkin Truffles, and they definately got a yummmm from me! Especially after hanging out a bit in the fridge. I also brought some to a friend of mine, who sent me an email once she tried one to tell me they were outstanding, so you don't have to take my word for it :) And since I didn't just want to create a whole post dedicated to that short answer, I leave you with another treat I created to [hopefully] bring home!

Pomegranates are so gorgeous, I love the fact that they are all over right now. How can you turn down these jewels??


Ok, well maybe if you didn't know what was inside... Anyways I had picked up a few of these, and had some arils in my fridge awaiting consumption when I saw this on sale.


I've had a love/hate relationship with white chocolate throughout my life, but this stuff is pretty darn incredible. They're not kidding when they say it's made with vanilla--you can see the specks!!! Last year I had made these, so my idea this time was to make POM bark! The little bursts make for quite the interesting treat :) And very festive!


POM Bark
"Recipe" by Shannon

1 bar of really good chocolate (white or dark, i'm sold on green & blacks right now!)
1/2c arils

Chop/break apart chocolate into smaller pieces and melt in a double boiler. While this is melting, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Once fully melted, spread chocolate on cookie sheet, sprinkle around arils, and lightly press the arils into the chocolate. Pop the sheet into the fridge to harden (mine took a few hours). Once hardened, carefully break into smaller pieces and enjoy! Keep it in the fridge until ready to serve, or to store leftover pieces.

35 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Soooo luscious.

Erica said...

I have never made bark! I really need to do so-sounds quick and delicious. I bet it woul dbe a great holiday gift!

Anonymous said...

That sounds beautiful and I bet very festive for Christmas! Do you have pics?

Reeni said...

I love Green & Blacks. I just bought their chocolate cookbook. This is tremendous! I love the combo and the texture, yummy!!

Unknown said...

Oops, sorry, just added the photo of the bark, don't know how it slipped!

HangryPants said...

So cool! What a great way to make regualr candy exciting!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous idea! I adore pomegranate and think this would taste divine.

Meg said...

You sure have been busy n the kitchen! This bark looks yummy and the truffles are fabulous!

Trying To Heal said...

ohhh...bark is sooo great to make! i love the fresh fruit in the bark! we always used dried in the past!

Esi said...

This is an excellent use of POM seeds!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! i'd love this!

Anonymous said...

my two faves!! pom and chocolate.

sigh.

and we all know I wont motivate to make this.

:)

Adam said...

Beautiful bark... I would of never thought to put some good old Poms in there. Quite the festive chocolate :)

Thanks for your support and Happy T-Day to you too :)

Bridget said...

I de-seeded (if thats the propper term) a pomegranite last night...it always looks like a murder scene when I do that...the juice gets everywhere! Am I missing some trick to it??

maya said...

so beautiful.YUM!

Rose said...

POM bark?? What a creative idea!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is such a fantastic idea!

I really think this recipe may be my contribution to Thanksgiving dessert - thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

You're so creative! These look great!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

This is great. I will have to try it. I just love pomogranates.

Gena said...

That does sound good! A while back I ran past a house with pomegranate trees (didn't know they grew around here). So many of them had over-ripened and were busted open on the ground. It broke my heart that they were going to waste!

lauren said...

great combo! I always start making tons of bark variations around the holidays. Such a great gift to put in a festive tin for co-workers, etc.

Rosiecat24 said...

Oh, my, I love Green and Black's Vanilla White Chocolate! I buy it at Whole Foods every time it goes on sale. I think pomegranate seeds would go really well with that white chocolate--a tart/sweet combination with cocoa butter rounding out the edges. Bravo, Shannon!

PS Has anyone tried the white chocolate chips that Whole Foods now sells? Any good?

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love pomegranates too, but they are sooo much work for a fruit.

GroundedFitness said...

YUM. Those looks so good. especially because they dont make a mess!

Kelly Turner
www.groundedfitness.com

Chocolate Shavings said...

I've had that chocolate before and it's delicious! I can only imagine how good it is with the pomegranate!

Roni said...

Ohhh my! WOWZA that looks good.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that POM bark looks delicious! Nice work!

Tina said...

Oh my, beautiful recipe! :)

Deepthi Shankar said...

looks soo delish

Patsyk said...

What a great idea! I love the candy-bark-treats this time of year.

Lee Lee said...

bark anything is delicious. well thought up!!

Darius T. Williams said...

Wow - now this looks like some good eats!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

test it comm said...

I like the sound of pomegranate and white chocolate bark. The colours are really nice!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks so pretty, and I'm sure it tastes delicious, too!

Anonymous said...

That bark looks amazing! I love green and black's chocolate and pomegranates... sounds like a very interesting combo :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips