Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Sunday of Thanks

I've been blessed by some great goodies lately, and wanted to express my gratitude of the thoughtfulness and excitement that has come from blogland! You ALL are so incredible!!!!


First up, from the BSI challenges, a thank you to Sabrina, for the halloween-themed goodies she sent along for the Chocolate Polenta Cake I made (sorry I don't know what I was thinking, but I forgot to take a picture!) Also to Gina, who liked my Pumpkin Surprise Cupcakes enough to send me some homemade macaroons that were just incredible--girl i want the recipe if you don't mind sharing!!!


Next up were some freebies thanks to Megan's Munchies :)


And finally, a huge shoutout goes to Kalyn over in her Kitchen, who has been running the fabulous Weekend Herb Blogging for 3 years. To commemorate the event there were several giveaways, and I was the lucky recipient of some new cookbooks! So excited for the new readings I can hardly contain myself!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for great treats! Enjoy!
:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the big win! I'm sure you'll really enjoy the cookbooks :)

Anonymous said...

Well would you just look at all of that great loot?! You deserve it all, Shannon! That polenta cake especially caught my eye when you first posted it! Yummmm.

Erica said...

Look at all your fun goodies! Hooray for you!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wowza, you hit the jackpot with all those goodies!! I have that Mark Bittman cookbook too :-)

Enjoy your well-deserved treats!!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! What fun treats!

Kalyn Denny said...

Oh good, have fun looking at your new bookbooks.

Anonymous said...

Wow you made out this weekend with a lot of great goodies, cheers to you! :)

Anonymous said...

I just realized, you are in Philly, as well? Where abouts?? Hmmm..... I would love to attend a blog-talk in philly anytime....Do you know alot of Philly foody bloggers?!!

Maria said...

How fun! Enjoy all of your goodies!

Anonymous said...

Awesome goodies! Enjoy your food and have fun reading those cookbooks!

Anonymous said...

Wow great loot!!! =) yay!

Have fun with it all!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

yayyyy you're welcome!

Anonymous said...

Ooh - let us know how you like that vegetarian cookbook! I always see it at the bookstore and have been curious!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" is one of my favorite cookbooks of all time!!! Enjoy!!

Rosiecat24 said...

I've heard great things about the Mark Bittman book. Perhaps you might consider writing a review of it on your blog? Pretty please? :-)

Thanks so much for the link you left on my blog about Karina's Peanut Butter Banana Cake. It's driving me crazy right now that I have too much food on hand and I have to wait to make that cake!

Anonymous said...

You are cleaning up! Those macaroons are great, aren't they?

Meg said...

So many great treats! Enjoy lucky girl!

Unknown said...

Wow - lots of great free things! Enjoy. :D

Melissa and Eric said...

Wow, lucky day!!!

Darius T. Williams said...

Dont cha just love when you're blessed with great goodies???

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Adam said...

Awesome. It's sweet that the holidays are rolling on early for ya :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome treats! I'll have to check out those cookbooks to see if they are in my library - um, I am not allowed to buy anymore - I have TOO MANY!

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

Yikes, quite the winner you are! I need make friends with people that enjoy giving things away. But I do enjoy giving rather than receiving, perhaps I'll hold a contest soon

Anonymous said...

You completely earned the goods Shannon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips