Monday, November 10, 2008

Roasted Acorns w/Chile-Lime Vinaigrette

When I made this recipe for the first time at the end of squash season, I was beyond excited about. I remember telling my lab-mate about it, and couldn't wait to see them again this fall. Hailing from Gourmet, this is a different take on the sweet squash-- Roasted Acorn Squash with Chile Vinaigrette (why do I always want to spell it 'ia'?? maybe it's the i before e rule...). I think I built it up too much in my head, b/c this time it was good, just didn't knock my socks off. I did like the sweet-spicy thang it's got goin on ;-) Definately a good way to mix things up a bit!


ps- please excuse the tupperware, this batch went in to work for lunch!

15 comments:

Erica said...

mmm I am really just discovering the wonderful world of squash and LOVE it! This looks fabulous!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Another impressive dish!!

Meg said...

Sounds and looks yummy! I saw a similar recipe this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - I bet it's great hot OR cold!fumai

Annie said...

Looks great. I have been thinking about cooking acorn squash lately.
Great idea for lunch!

I just made a butternut squash lasagna... Delicious. I will post it soon if you're interested.

Bridget said...

Yum! Squash is such a great item. Thanks for tagging me! I'm going to try to get to that today :)

Anonymous said...

wow - that looks AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

I've never done the sweet squash thing. I definitely like the savory/spicy variety and this looks great!

Adam said...

Squash is so cool because it can take on any flavor nicely. You're a healthy eater for a lab tech :)

Darius T. Williams said...

I bet that vinaigrette was ON POINT!

-DTW
[www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com]

Anonymous said...

mmm your squash looks yummy and i'm really liking the sweet & spicy combo - one of my favorite combinations.

HeatherBakes said...

Sorry that the squash didn't knock your socks off, but it LOOKS beautiful.

I'm just discovering Gourmet magazine... I have a friend who works there who has been trying to get me to read it for a while, but I was afraid that the recipes would be too complicated. They have some great ones!

Esi said...

This marinade sounds really good. Must try.

Aggie said...

I really like how this sounds!

test it comm said...

I like the sound of sweet roasted squash with chili and lime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips