Monday, October 6, 2008

Greens and Beans

As I sit here RICE-ing my knee, I thought I'd tell you guys about another way I used up that swiss chard from the farm... Garlicky beans and greens, brought to you by Amy over at Eggs on Sunday. I kept the red chard to contrast with the white beans, and it made for a pretty sight :)


I ate these as is, but they'd also be good tossed with some pasta, nice and creamy! Are you ready for winter yet? just kidding, swiss chard just seems more of a winter green... Night all :)

11 comments:

Maggie M. said...

Looks awesome - I would definitely eat this plain :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Garlicky beans & greens = perfection.

Adam said...

Ha I'm never ready for winter... hopefully this is my last one with snow :) Swiss chard though, I am always ready for. Winter greens are good friends of mine

Anonymous said...

I am ready.

because winter here means we FINALLY out of the 90's :)

HeatherBakes said...

That looks so pretty! I've never tried swiss chard- does it taste similar to kale?

I'm adding you to my blogroll today- hopefully that's okay, but if not just let me know!!

Meg said...

What a beautiful array of colors! Looks yummy!

alexandra's kitchen said...

white beans and greens is such a yummy combination. This looks delectable!

Glad to see you back in action! I mean, I'm way behind, you've been back for like a week now, but I'm catching up myself.

Maria said...

The white beans and greens look delicious. I love winter greens but not winter:)

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful!
I hate RICEing. Bad memories.
I actually am ready for winter. I'd even settle for fall!

Unknown said...

heather- while i haven't had alot of either, i'd say kale and swiss chard are pretty similar :)

test it comm said...

Swiss chard and beans is such a simple and tasty combo! I sometimes like to add some Italian sausage removed from its casing and crumbled to make it more of a light meal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips