Wednesday, October 8, 2008

When life gives you beans...

... roast them! Really? Yes, really! I'm a huge fan of roasting veggies, but had never thought about beans in the same way until I came across this recipe. It was delicious, and I was sold!


Another gift of the farm, I came home with a VERY large bag of yellow beans. They were pretty hefty in size, so I gave them a quick boil (just a couple of minutes) to make sure they cooked before they burned. You can add anything you'd like; this time I threw in some garlic cloves and shallots (be sure not to slice them like i did the first time, they'll be done much faster than the beans! i used chunks about the size of my garlic cloves). With green beans, definately throw in some red pepper slices if you have them (again, slice them about the same size as your green beans). Season with a little salt and pepper, transfer them to a baking sheet, and roast away! I'm usually not wanting to dirty another bowl, so I just mix it all on the pan. And you can set the oven anywhere from 400-450. I was a bit afraid of setting off the fire alarm in my new place (not the way I want to meet my neighbors!), so I opted to turn it down halfway through cooking. Time it takes will depend on the thickness of your beans... I think mine took ~30min. Delish!! I love the ones that got nice and browned :) They are definately better the night you make them, they lose that little crispy-ness in the fridge. Enjoy!

15 comments:

Rose said...

Those beans look great! I'll have to try that method. I don't think I ever have before?

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, LOVE the yellow beans recipe!!

Meg said...

Yum! Looks delicious. I like them when they are crispier too!

Anonymous said...

never roasted beans but those looks great I will def have to try it

Maria said...

I love how you cooked up these beans!

HangryPants said...

I've roasted a lot things, but never beans! I'll add it to my list of things to roast. :)

Adam said...

Nice yellow bean recipe! I actually like them more than the green ones, they just look better to me :)

GroundedFitness said...

I LOVE yellow beans. they taste so much more like butter.

they look like french fries :)

Kelly Turner
www.groundedfitness.com

Anonymous said...

They look like french fries!

Esi said...

I've never tried roasting green beans before. They look nice and crispy!

Melissa and Eric said...

Those beans look just like French fries (which is a very good thing in my book...)! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Ohmygod, yum! Those green beans look soooo yummy! I really love veggies, but I spend so much time out-of-the house, that I usually just eat 'em steamed. It's nice to have ideas for veg prep on the nights I'm home and cooking dinner!

Anonymous said...

That sounds amazing. I've never seen yellow beans!

Anonymous said...

SO CREATIVE and Id always thought the rest was make BEANade.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

that looks yummy! ive never had yellow beans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips