Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Coffee Cake of Thanks!

THANK YOU for all the good luck wishes!! Just for all that, I made you an apple coffee cake ;-) See, here's a slice...


A note on the recipe: i loved the cake part, chock full of apples just how i like it. The topping, well... it turned out alright (made it ahead of time so it sat for about a day before consumption), but it looked very dry (due to the lack of fat) coming out of the oven. So I might try another topping next time.

The move? Hmmm, well, there was no elevator like i was told (grrr)... but my dad and i were able to move me in quite quickly. Luckily I am only on the second floor, so I made dad unload the truck and I did most of the running boxes upstairs. Why didn't I know there was no elevator? well... i hadn't seen the apartment (looong story). And even luckier still, everything worked out and i think i am going to love it. tomorrow (so long as my feet are no longer crying out in pain) i'll be exploring the adjacent park (Back Bay Fens)!! It felt soo good to be walking around a city again today as I ran errands :) I picked up a map of running routes in Boston today at Marathon Sports, but please let me know good things to do/see/favorite spots!!!

I'm about to put all my pots and pans on the living room floor to try and figure out how to fit them into my [few] cabinets :) pot rack? lol. ok, hopefully i'll be back tomorrow with a butternut squash recipe for the challenge!

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

OOOOOH, lovin' the looks of that apple coffee cake - yum!! So sweet of you to return to the blogging world with that treat!! :0)

Ahh, so sorry about no elevator :0( But it sounds like everything is going well!! Keep it up!!

Can't wait to see your butternut squash dish for this week's BSI challenge!!

Anonymous said...

I've missed you Shannon! I'm glad the moving is OVER! It's so horrendous, right? Esp w/ no elevator...
That apple coffee cake looks so yummy. I just want to stuff it in my mouth.

Meg said...

Thanks for the slice of coffee cake!

Glad the hard part of the move is over! Enjoy your new place!

Anonymous said...

the cake was delicious!! thank you :D glad to hear the moving is mainly done now, although no elevator sounds like a killer. i'm looking forward to your recipe!

Adam said...

That cake looks perfect for apple season. I checked it out, and very nice for a WW recipe. I think your new apartment neighbors are going to love you :) Are you moving for school or something?

Anonymous said...

glad the move went well and the apple cake looks delish! I ordered the p90x so i will keep you up dated!

HangryPants said...

Yay, you're back! Glad the move went well. Or at least, ok! I like making crumble tops with oats.

Deepthi Shankar said...

really yummy

Erica said...

You're back! Hooray! How was the move?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips