Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pear & Zucchini Soup

Hey everyone, don't forget about this week's BSI: Lentils!! I should have some for dinner tomorrow if all goes well, and feel free to post them through Sunday night.

Until then...


In trying to use as many of the ingredients in my fridge in the fewest amount of meals (otherwise i could feed an army), I came across this recipe for pear and zucchini soup that seemed like a unique combination of ingredients. Tempted to eat the roasted pear right out of the oven, I was able to restrain myself long enough until the soup! I don't have a seive, so I didn't remove the peel and just blended and instead of croutons I just topped it off with some goat cheese. See, this is why I love food blogs, I would've paired the pear (ha) with parsnips (say that 3 times fast!!) in a soup--not zucchini! So greatful to have been shown the way :)

17 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Such a tantalizing ingredient-combination for the soup!!

Meg said...

What a wonderful blending of flavors!

Anonymous said...

A unique combo, indeed! And I'm afraid I DID pair the pear with parsnip (I could hardly say that once)!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Hope your cold is better, too :)

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased you not only made but, enjoyed my soup!

Great site.

Anonymous said...

SO yummy!
Thanks for the lentils reminder. I'd have probably forgotten until Saturday.

Erica said...

That looks like such a different combo, but I bet its super yummy!How is Boston treating you? Are you getting around ok? The T can be a little scary at times :)

Anonymous said...

That is a unique combination indeed! Sounds delicious, but it's not something I would have thought of. :)

carla said...

And why ***I*** adore food blog and get guest fod posts (Hint!).

I'd have paired the pear with my mouth.

MizFit

Gena said...

That is an interesting combo. The goat cheese, now that sounds wonderful. I may have to give that combo a try.

Anonymous said...

That looks good. I never would have thought to combine pear and zucchini.

My secret ingredient recipe is up!

GroundedFitness said...

Love zucchini and love pears. why not put them together!

Kelly Turner
www.groundedfitness.com

Adam said...

Sometimes roasted or warmed up fruit is just the way to go. Hot apples or pears is such a winter treat :)

Never would of thought to pearr those together either, that's why blogging is coolbeans...

Maria said...

I have those same ingredients...I will try your soup! Thanks!

Darius T. Williams said...

Hmm - now that's a really great combination of flavors!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

test it comm said...

I like the sound of a pear and zucchini soup!

HangryPants said...

Wow! I wish I could have this right now. I've never even seen anything like this on a menu or anything.

Anonymous said...

Quite an interesting combination!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips