Sunday, October 19, 2008

Last Call for Lentils

Just a reminder to get your recipes in today! I'll put together the roundup tomorrow morning, so you have until, let's say, 4am monday :) (I hope you're not up then, though!!) I decided on a home-baked treat for this week's prize, which I'll be featuring in the roundup so they're fresh and ready to send out Tuesday.

On another exciting note...


Natasha from Healthy and Gourmet honored me with an award this week! Thank you so much!! She's got some great recipes over there, so if you've never checked out her site I'd recommend clicking on over.

Now, I have WAY too many blogs in my google reader, and I check it all too often (otherwise i get so behind!). I love seeing everyone's creations, and so many are deserving of this award, it was really hard to pick! (you're all winners in my book, folks :)) Over a year before I started my own blog, there are a few favorites I always looked forward to reading, so I wanted to take this time to show my appreciation, and say thanks for Excellent Blogs!!

1. Eggs on Sunday - The pictures from Amy's CSA box are always tantalizing, and it seems we have very similar tastes (as in, I would eat anything out of her kitchen!!!). Plus, did you see these? A winning recipe, indeed!

2. Diet, Dessert and Dogs - Not only do I get my dog fix here, but good eats and reads abound. I've seen so many things from Ricki that I want to try-- pureed avocado in quickbread and kasha (I bought some more!) are the ones that came to mind first. And let's not forget my favorite way to prepare baby bok choy so far!

3. Alexandra's Kitchen - Another source of fabulous ideas and tantalizing photos, Alexandra's dessert was a hit with the family :) And these would make a fabulous addition to thanksgiving dinner!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You certainly earn an "E" for excellent in my book, doc!
Thanks for sharing those other blogs. I've never heard of them and I'll be adding them to my reader.
I put up my lentil "recipe" today. I can't wait to see what everyone made!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Congratulations on the award!!! :0)

I had lentils for lunch today - I won't be blogging about it though... does that mean I can't submit it?? I don't want to break the rules or anything... let me know in a comment on my blog, please!! :0)

Anonymous said...

i'm so sad that i couldn't participate in this round because i adoooore lentils - i just had no time this week to whip anything up worthwhile! i'm looking forward to the round-up though :D and you completely deserve that award! fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award, and thank you so much for passing it along to me! It makes me so happy to hear that you enjoy reading EoS! :) Hope you're having a good weekend.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Could I possibly email the details to you, so that I can include a photo??

Anonymous said...

I agree with Natasha--your blog is Excellent!
Those bars in your last entry are causing me to drool.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the well-deserved award! And thank you so much for passing it along! I'm honored and proud to accept it. Thanks for making my weekend!

I seem to have missed the lentil challenge (unless I run to the kitchen right now--will do my best before 4:00 AM!) ;)

Erica said...

I have never read any of these blogs so thank you for featuring them. Yes you def deserve this award yayyy!

Meg said...

Congrats on the award! You totally deserve it! YEAH!

Anonymous said...

you SO earned that E.

and the last call for lentils line made me GIGGLE.

why? I seriously have no idea...

Anonymous said...

ooh great list; I love (too much) finding new food blogs. btw a good boston one is cave cibum; it has plenty of restaurant reviews as well as recipes, and itt's very well written!

Anonymous said...

nice award!
I had lentil soup yesterday, but it was from Progresso. Ssshh - don't tell ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips