Saturday, September 6, 2008

Eggplant & Tomato Risotto

Hmm, well on tap for tonight was Eggplant & Tomato Risotto, finishing up the eggplant from the Ratatouille tart the other night. It used a cheese I hadn't had before--ricotta salata. It's kinda like a dried-out ricotta, almost feta-like but not as salty or strongly flavored. It actually went really well in this dish, it was the bites lacking this cheese that seemed to be lacking... Not sure if more basil would've remedied this, or maybe just more cheese. It was nice and fresh, but missed the mark ever so slightly--maybe 3 1/2 stars out of 5.


After bodypump this morning, I hit up the farmers market up in Saratoga, NY. ~swoon~ What do you know, almost the first thing I saw was a stand of locally made pb. Such a sucker, I had to pick up one of her flavors: the maple honey. Wow, can't wait to have this on some waffles and apples!! There was another flavor that was a blend of peanut and almond butter, flax seeds, cinn, raisins, and maybe something else. So good, but I couldn't spend that much on one jar of pb... at least not at this point in my life! Apparently, the brand is being highlighted in Rachel Ray's magazine this month!


While in the area, I stopped at a local organic market my mom had given me a coupon for, Four Seasons. I've never seen so much packed in to such a small store! But I did find those Honest Foods Granola Planks--score! Tried the Maple-Almond with some yogurt and peaches for lunch, quite tasty and chewy enough to make me them a bit slower so that was good :) I'll have to figure out a way to portion them out as they are pretty high in calories... More goodies as I try them!

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, I LOVE risotto dishes!! Sorry that it wasn't 5-star-worthy though :0( Maybe next time!

Hooray for a scrumptious new peanut-butter variety and granola planks!

Danielle said...

Yummm, the risotto looks so good, I can't imagine it not tasting that way! Enjoy the pb and granola planks... after seeing them around the blogs forever they are on my long list of things to buy when I get back :)

Unknown said...

Wow that is great to have the local famers market and to get that PB from there.. I bet its so good!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Saw your comment on my blog - I'm able to comment so quickly, thanks to Google Reader (which alerts me as soon as someone updates his/her blog).

Trying To Heal said...

ohhhh...that risotto looks so good!

and yay for the planks! i love the maple one...seriously, makes me think of pancakes or waffles the scent is so strong....i think i might have to go eat some now...

:D

Erica said...

The risotto looks beautiful! I cannot say how much I love risotto, it is so delicious! I have never had that kind of cheese and def want to try it! yayy for Body pump and the farmers market! what a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips