Monday, September 29, 2008

Mediterranean Rice Casserole


FYI: the fall colors in central NY are pretty spectacular right now! (hmm, it looked better in person... o well) I went to visit a couple of my aunts, and what did I come home with? Bounty from a friends' farm (thanks guys ;-))!! "How about some swiss chard?" left me with this:


Yeah, just a little. :) The red chard is just GORGEOUS! I had tried swiss chard last year, but couldn't for the life of me remember what I had done with them... enter: a rice and greens casserole I had seen over at Diet, Dessert and Dogs. I haven't had too many dolmades, so I have no basis for comparison, but I really enjoyed the combination of flavors in this dish! Another winner, Ricki, thanks for sharing!!

Mediterranean Rice Casserole

6 comments:

Esi said...

I'm soo beyond jealous of your fall colors. It's 85 degrees and raining for some reason! It never rains here!!

Anonymous said...

Nature always looks better in person, but your pictures do it justice! It certainly does look spectacular where you were :o)

Hurray for swiss chard! You certainly were able to find a delicious use for it!

OhioMom said...

You are a little ahead of us with Fall colors, gorgeous pic.

I have never had chard, this sounds like something I would like.

Anonymous said...

So glad you liked the recipe! It's a favorite around here. :)

Those colors do look gorgeous--both up close and from afar. Thanks for the reminder that there's at least one nice thing about fall!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Gorgeous fall foliage and food!!

Tina said...

Looks delicious! I might try this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips