Friday, September 12, 2008

He Says/She Says: Tomatoes!

Me and my tomatoes went outside for a photoshoot by the pond (which my dad made!! yeah, he's amazing :)).


Red almost jumped.


I'm glad he didn't--instead I share one of life's simple pleasures.


What about gold? Well, she asked for it...

... and got slow roasted (400deg) with some garlic olive oil. She got used this morning


Can you tell what the heck that is? haha. I scrambled up some egg whites and a spicy black bean burger, threw in a little goat cheese, and topped it roasted Gold. Oh so good.

So i think the recipe is simplicity :) If I'd had some watermelon, I would've brought along this Watermelon & Tomato Salad. I tried it earlier this summer, and even without the dressing absolutely loved it. Such an amazing combination of flavors!!

Whether you call it a fruit or vegetable, this dicot (a flowering plant whose seed has two embryonic leaves) is delish any way you serve it! And I'm sending this along to Heather at Hangry Pants for this week's New Blogger Secret Ingredient. You can find the details in this post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at your posting style. :) It's hilarious! Great sense of humor.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Gorgeous tomatoes!

I agree with Erin :0)

Meg said...

Love the tomato pics. I have never had tomato and watermelon together!

Gena said...

Haha! As a kid I hated tomatoes. Now, I'll eat them on just about anything. Especially if it has goat cheese involved!

Rose said...

Aw, what a cute post. It was hysterical!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips