Friday, September 26, 2008

Raspberry Clafouti

Yup, more raspberries! I told you we bought them at Sam's... :) (If you're not familiar, it's a wholesale club, like BJ's and Costco). Finished them off in a delightful, light dessert choc-full of these delicious red rubies--Raspberry Clafouti. I've tried various clafouti recipes, and have liked them all... you'd think I'd just pick one base and vary the fruit, but I'm *slightly* addicted to food blogs and bookmarking tasty recipes!


Raspberry Clafouti
adapted from Sunset


~8oz raspberries
2t cornstarch
1 egg
1/3c egg whites
1c skim milk
2/3c whole wheat pastry flour
1/4c sugar
1 1/2t vanilla extract
1/4t salt

Preheat oven to 350deg. Spray a 2qt baking dish with nonstick spray. Toss berries with cornstarch to coat and place in dish. In a blender (this is a large amount, dangerous to use in your hand blender... not that I know or anything ;) ), mix egg and egg whites, flour, sugar, vanilla and salt for 15 seconds. Pour over berries in baking dish. Bake until puffed and golden brown in the center, ~50min. Cool, then dust with powdered sugar to serve.

a little slice of berry heaven :)

8 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Berry heaven, indeed!

Meg said...

I will have to try this! It looks delicious and healthy!

Adam said...

Great job, I've seen raspberries treated well in the past, but heavenly? Yup you've got it right there :)

Anonymous said...

I'm consistently amazed at your baking skills. I love that you bake almost every day. It's beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

damn.
I HAVE TO TRY THIS.
and by have to try this I mean Id LOVE FOR YOU TO MAKE IT FOR ME :)

youre so frickin talentedcreative!!

Miz.

Anonymous said...

great recipe.. it looks great and wholesome!

Meg said...

I saw your comment on my pumpkin ravioli..I tried the sauce last night again without the butter and it was still pretty good!

Melissa and Eric said...

Oh goodness! That looks amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips