Sunday, September 7, 2008

Water and a Gratin


I was thinking about posting about hint waters when I discovered target's version today!! I try to drink as much water as I can, but sometimes... I just can't stomach it. I'm really trying to avoid artificially sweetened drinks, so I was thrilled when I tried hint. Now there's another cheaper option with fun flavors! The flavors in these aren't overwhelming, it's really just a "hint" of flavor (maybe that's where they got the name :)) Reminds me of squeezing a lemon into a glass of water, but with more interesting combinations.


For dinner, tonight was Cooking Light's Cauliflower, Pasta & Cheese Gratin. Sorry I didn't get too creative with my picture-taking. I'm a bit tired from not sleeping to well up here (I think it's the lack of white noise in the city!!), as well as spinning and some tennis with dad today :)


The gratin was alright. I was waiting so long for my water to boil that my sauce cooked a little long, so it wasn't as creamy as we would've liked. The flavors weren't really strong, but with some improvements in that area it could be a nice lighter version of mac and cheese. Maybe using broccoli instead with some ham?

My noggin's been thinking: Maybe some nutmeg would give the sauce some punch, or using a different cheese (goat cheese or some good aged gruyere... yum)

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Sorry that the gratin wasn't 100% good - definitely try it with some broccoli, and perhaps some extra herbs/spices??

Unknown said...

I love those hint waters.. they def have a great flavor and good when you want something other than plain water

healthy ashley said...

I've been wanting to try the Hint waters- now maybe I can try Target's (cheaper??) version!

The Gratin looks so warm and comforting! Maybe a touch of blue cheese? A crumble here and there might be the kick you're looking for?

Coffee and Vanilla said...

I love hinted waters too, my favourite is strawberry Volvic.

And thank you for visiting my blog ;)

Margot

Christine said...

Peas and ham is a good combination, too. Nutmeg is great in cheesy pasta dishes and potato entrees, so that would be a good addition. Blue cheese sounds like a great idea!

Meg said...

I love the Hint and Target waters. Hint is supposed to have a Watermelon flavor, but I haven't found it yet.

Love your blog. I am adding it to my blogroll!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips