Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Yogurt Grilled Chicken, Ratatouille and a Panna Cotta

Yummm, tonight's dinner was delicious!! I've made two of the recipes before, and they turned out just as well as I remembered :) This recipe for yogurt-marinated grilled chicken comes out soooo moist (even when you forget the oil... oops!). Last time we did make the salsa with fresh pineapple, but tonight it was topped with some fresh corn salsa my aunt brought down.


Another winner of a recipe is this Cornmeal-crusted Ratatouille Tart from Ellie Krieger. I can't say enough about her, I've loved every recipe that I've tried! I roasted the veggies last night and it came together quite easily tonight for dinner. To go on with the theme for today, I forgot the oil in the crust... but I didn't notice any difference in the final product--score! The flavors of the roasted veggies just pop, and I don't think there was any of this leftover!


To finish off the buttermilk that came with me from Philly, I made a Buttermilk Panna Cotta. If you've never had panna cotta, this one came out like a flan, but not as dense. I think mine separated since my buttermilk wasn't that fresh, and I kinda goofed on the sequence of events, but you never would've known tasting it!! My aunt brought some wild Maine blueberries, which I cooked down a bit to top the panna cotta and it was perfect! So light this would really be a great summer dessert. And elegant enough for company but SO EASY :) That's my kind of entertaining! Sweet dreams, hope everyone had a happy hump day!!

9 comments:

HeatherBakes said...

WOW- impressive dinner! I definitely want to try the ratatouille tart... and we're actually learning how to make ratatouille in class next week, so great timing!

That panna cotta looks amazing :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Gorgeous tart!! I too love Ellie Krieger's recipes; and her show is fun!! :0)

Lovely presentation of ALL of the dinner dishes!!

Anonymous said...

wow i am seriously impressed. i never thought to make panna cotta at home!

Caitlin said...

that is a very impressive dinner! i love glan, so i must try out the panna cotta!

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with all your food, you are very daring in the kitchen!

Melissa and Eric said...

Holy moley! That meal looks amazing! You can come and stay at my house anytime if it means that you are cooking meals like that. Your parents are really lucking out!

alexandra's kitchen said...

I'm so glad you liked the buttermilk panna cotta. And i'm siked you mentioned this cookbook. I like her stuff on the food network but have yet to buy her book. this tart looks awesome!

Esi said...

I have been wanting to try panna cotta for ages, but haven't gotten around to it. Even though your milk separated it still looks great!!

Fitnessista said...

i've been wanting to try that tart!!! i saw it on the show and it was the reason i bought a tart set, but have yet to make it! i'll have to now :D
the panna cotta also looks incredible... you are a very talented little cheffer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips